Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Swan Hill

3rd October

Do you like an almond or two? Do you like them roasted, lightly salted, smoked or flavoured? Well Renmark is the place for you. Almondco takes pride on the main road into Renmark. Any style almond you like they have.

Today with our travels we lost 1/2 hour as we entered back into eastern standard time. We actually entered three different states today. We left SA, entered VIC, over into NSW then back into VIC. Euston was our destination for lunch (of course this was on the banks of the Murray), through Robinvale then onto Swan Hill. Most of the countryside was interesting to look at especially when the road got very close to the Murray and we could see how full it really is. Between Boundary Bend and Swan Hill there are lots of brown road signs that just say "River" that we would assume would take you to places to camp. I am sure the Camps Australia book would be able to confirm this. I will check it out upon my return.

For the last couple of weeks I have been following on facebook the progress of the PS Adelaide from Echuca to Mildura. I had wished that we would be somewhere along the Murray to see this very special event. I was disappointed that it would not be.

However after arriving in Swan Hill today I find out that the Adelaide has made it to Swan Hill on its way home and is heading up the river past where we are staying tomorrow. I am hoping that it will pass by before we leave.

And where are we staying? Pental Island Caravan Park. This is a caravan park on a farm with beautiful river frontage. One of the best locations I have ever stayed at. I wish that we were staying longer. As I sit here writing my blog I can hear nothing but sheep. If any of you know me well there are plenty of wagon wheels taking up heaps of space - very tempting but it is not as if you can hide them under your jumper as you leave!!!!

Tomorrow we head to Echuca and onto Corowa.

Until again....


View of the Murray from Pental Island Caravan Park
 
100 year old shearing shed on farm


Shearing Yards and River
 

1 comment:

  1. I was just refreshing the computer to show Gaz your travels to see you had just added this entry! That looks like a gorgeous spot to spend some time.

    Until again ...

    ReplyDelete